WhatsApp announced a new biometric authentication feature for Android users on Thursday. The Whatsapp has introduced fingerprint unlock for its Android application. Finally, you can secure your WhatsApp conversations with an additional layer of biometric security. The feature was earlier available for iPhone users but now it has made its way to Android app. There is no need for any third-party app lockers to secure your WhatsApp conversations.
To get the latest new additional layer of security for your WhatsApp chats, you need to update the app from the Google Play Store.
Here is how users can set up fingerprint unlock for WhatsApp on Android:
1. Go to WhatsApp Settings
2. Choose Account. Tap on Accounts> Privacy
3. Scroll down to access Fingerprint Lock.
4. Tap on the toggle button to enable the fingerprint lock.
5. Verify your identity by using your fingerprint.
6. Choose ‘automatically lock’ option between ‘immediately, after 1 minute and after 30 minutes’.
7. Toggle on the button next to choose notification preview.
Users can still answer video and audio calls, even if you have locked your Whastapp with the fingerprint. If you need more security to your WhatsApp conversation. You can enable two-step verification.