The beta update will intensify location permission for privacy, and a new feature called Game Space that will offer you to quick access to all gaming app in one place and will also include options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization.
Before you proceed with the installation, make sure your device connected to a Wi-Fi network. The Android 10 beta update is 1.7GB in size so you have at least 3GB of storage and 30% battery left available in your device.
Here’s the full changelog of Android 10-based Open Beta 1 is as follows:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings).
However, we are talking about a beta build here, it is important to mention here that open Beta build may contain bugs. We suggest you wait for the stable update if are users of OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T.